Basic Wilderness First Aid (BWFA) and CPR Classes
March 14, 2020
9:30 AM to 6:30 PM
Event Host: Rick Kischuk email@example.com
Cost: See registration levels - $45 to $100 depending on the option chosen. Up to $50 credit towards your cost of leading future trip for CIWC.
Maximum/Minimum number: 30/10
Location: Fort Harrison State Park, Camp Glenn Recreation Building 701 (near the Visitor Center & Park Office)
Date: March 7. 2020 – 9:30 AM to 6:30 PM
Cancellation Date: March 1st (fee must be received by this
date). Late registrations after March 1st must be paid in full at registration. All registrations become nonrefundable after March 1st.
The entire day (9:30 AM to 6:30 PM) at Fort Harrison State Park, Camp Glenn Recreation Building 701, will be devoted to Basic Wilderness First Aid (BWFA) and CPR Classes. These are especially for current CIWC trip leaders with certifications expiring before the 2020 trip season and/or those new people wishing to become trip leaders. Other members of CIWC are welcome to take the classes as well.
This training is required to be a CIWC overnight trip leader and you’ll find the classes to be pertinent to the type of trips we do and the venues we travel to. The class instructor is Doug Pyle, EMT with the Fishers Fire Department. Doug is also an outdoor adventurer and Boy Scout leader. He has been teaching classes for CIWC for several years.
There will be a short lunch break, so bring a sack lunch as there will not be time to leave the property. Everyone is welcome to bring snacks and drinks. There is a kitchenette, which includes a refrigerator with freezer and microwave. Utensils and dishes are not provided.
The CPR class will start late afternoon.
You will be issued an e-card based upon the name in your registration.
Please send questions to: Rick Kischuk at firstname.lastname@example.org
There are several options that you’ll see within the registration levels.
- If you have valid and current CPR certification you do not need to take CPR again, but be sure to bring your card to the class.
- If you do not have a valid or current CPR certification then you need to select a registration level that includes CPR.
- Either a field guide (soft cover, water resistant booklet) or an eBook (downloadable) is included in the fee for the BWFA class. You can choose either. If you already have the field guide from a previous class, then getting the eBook is a good option as you can download it to your phone. The field guide is not available for registrations after March 1st.
- CPR gets discounted from $45 to $25 if you take the CPR class the same day as BWFA.
- Only select one registration level.
- When you lead your next (or first) trip you will receive a credit up to $50 for the training you have paid for.
Effective on all trips, there will be a $50 non refundable registration fee. This fee will be assessed to those who sign up for a trip, get on the roster and then later cancel. Even cancelling before the cancel date. Those who never make the active roster (i.e. those who stay on the waitlist) will NOT be charged the $50 cancellation fee.