Basic Wilderness First Aid (BWFA) and CPR Classes
November 17, 2018
9:30 AM to 6:30 PM
Event Host: Rick Kischuk email@example.com
Cost: See registration levels - $45 to $100 depending on the option chosen. Up to $50 credit towards your cost of leading future trip for CIWC.
Maximum/Minimum number: 30/10
Location: Fort Harrison State Park, Camp Glenn Recreation Building 701 (near the Visitor Center & Park Office)
Date: November 17, 2018 – 9:30 AM to 6:30 PM
Cancellation Date: November 4th (fee must be received by this
The entire day (9:30 AM to 6:30 PM) at Fort Harrison State Park, Camp Glenn Recreation Building 701, will be devoted to Basic Wilderness First Aid (BWFA) and CPR Classes. These are for current CIWC trip leaders with certifications expiring before the 2019 trip season and / or those new people wishing to become trip leaders.
This training is required to be a CIWC trip leader and you’ll find the classes to be pertinent to the type of trips we do and the venues we travel to. The class instructor is Doug Pyle, EMT with the Fishers Fire Department. Doug is also an outdoor adventurer and Boy Scout leader. He has been teaching classes for CIWC for 3 years.
There will be a short lunch break, so bring a sack lunch as there will not be time to leave the property. Everyone is welcome to bring snacks and drinks. There is a kitchenette, which includes a refrigerator with freezer and microwave. Utensils and dishes are not provided.
The CPR class will start late afternoon.
You will be issued an e-card based upon the name in your registration.
Please send questions to: Rick Kischuk at firstname.lastname@example.org
There are several options that you’ll see within the registration levels.
- If you have valid and current CPR certification you do not need to take CPR again, but bring your card to the class.
- If you do not have a valid or current CPR certification then you need to select a registration level that includes CPR.
- Either a field guide (soft cover, water resistant booklet) or an eBook (downloadable) is required for the BWFA class. You can choose either at the corresponding price. $25 for the field guide or $15 for the eBook. If you already have the field guide from a previous class then getting the eBook is a good option as you can download it to your phone.
- CPR gets discounted from $45 to $25 if you take the CPR the same day as WFA.
- Only select one registration level.
- When you lead your next (or first) trip you will receive a credit up to $50 for the training you have paid for.